After all, do shoes have to match the belt?
Belts are former allies of men's fashion, but for some time now, these accessories have become even more popular, after all, waisted looks and high-waisted pants are making a comeback in street style. And, to guarantee incredible combinations, having a good belt makes all the difference.
However, when choosing the accessory, many men are in doubt whether it necessarily needs to match the footwear that will be used. After all, until recently, matching your shoes with belts was a basic and primordial rule.
The good news is that the constant reinvention of fashion has broken some rules and brought more freedom to create stylish and comfortable looks. For this reason, perfectly harmonizing your shoes with accessories is no longer an obligation. But even so, it is necessary to take into account some factors, so as not to weigh production down and maintain sophistication.
To help you in this mission, we, from the Sandro Moscoloni Blog, have listed some tips. Continue reading and check it out!
Shoes and Belts
In recent times, the fashion industry has become more extensive and comprehensive, which means that, when composing a look, it is necessary to take into account, first of all, your own style and personality.
Therefore, if you are adept at the classic style, the best thing is that the belt matches the shoes. For example, if you choose leather shoes, choose a belt made of the same material.
Regarding the tone, the color of the shoes does not necessarily have to be identical to the belt, it is possible to choose similar and complementary tones.
For example, when using a black shoe, you can combine it with darker belts in shades of gray, graphite, or even black, to compose a mistake-proof all black combination.
On the other hand, if you bet on brown shoes, you can combine them with belts in the most diverse earthy tones such as caramel, khaki, coffee and much more.
The material of the belts
If you want a versatile, traditional and ideal belt to multiply your combinations, keep in mind that less is always more!
For this, bet on an accessory with a medium and discreet buckle, preferably in a neutral and easy-to-match color.
When it comes to materials, it is important to mention that, as with shoes, genuine leather belts are always the best options.
That's because accessories in synthetic materials, in addition to having little durability, also impoverish the look. Canvas belts, on the other hand, have a very relaxed proposal and, therefore, do not convey seriousness.
On the other hand, leather belts, especially the smooth ones without details, are companions for all times, and can add a style upgrade to your formal or casual looks. In addition, they also transit well in events such as weddings, graduations and other occasions that demand fine sport trajectories.
The braided leather models, on the other hand, are more modern and urban, so they combine well with jeans, polo shirts and more casual pieces, being excellent options for outdoor events during the day.
General tips for not making mistakes in combinations:
– Choose a belt big enough to go around your waist and still have a maximum of 15 cm left over;
– Bet on belts whenever possible, these accessories, in addition to adding a great finish to the look, also demonstrate your attention to detail, a look without a belt always looks incomplete;
- The thicker and wider a belt is, the more suitable it will be for casual situations. For this reason, wherever you go for accessories with suits and tuxedos, choose thin and narrow models, always made of fine leather.
- Quality belts last a long time. Therefore, it is worth investing in a piece of fine leather, made to accompany you for many years.
How to care for your leather belt
- Do not store your belt rolled up or folded to avoid cracking the leather;
- Keep your belt stretched out on a hanger or hung from a hook to ensure greater durability;
- To clean your belt, use a slightly damp, soft cloth. Pass the cloth over the entire surface of the accessory and let it dry in the shade.
Where to find men's belts?
Sandro Moscoloni offers some options for male leather belts. Made with high quality material, the accessories are classic, durable and very elegant, ideal for helping modern men to put together classic and aligned looks.
Click here, access the website and check out Sandro Moscoloni's complete line of men's belts!